Sunday, July 1, 2012

Concerns

There are a few challenges that I think could arise. Nothing ever goes perfect, but hopefully with enough planning things will run smoothly. 

My project require all core teachers to participate, and implement the new vocabulary program into their classes. This will take a group effort, and will only be as effective as the presentation of the material. EVERY core teacher must be using this tool in the same way, and allowing this change to enter their classrooms. I am afraid that some teachers will resist the change, some will not use the program at all, some won't use it every day, some won't implement it in an effective way, and some will do everything they are supposed to do at first, but slowly fade away. I've seen this happen with the staff at my campus, and I am fearful that it will happen with this program as well. I hate to say it, but some teachers want to do what they've always done and not change a thing.

If the teachers do not take whole part in this project, the data will not be correct. 

Students must also see this as a POSITIVE change in the school, and not as more work. I am hoping that the motivation and creativity that is instilled in all of our educators will shine through to the students and they will cooperate. 

STAAR is new and we are still figuring things out with it. I'm sure there will be changes made in response to any new information we receive about STAAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment